Top 3 class Tips

My first semester of college was tough. I felt that I was not doing well in classes as I hoped I would. I was expecting things to be easy as they were in high school.

Below are a few things that I realized I needed to do in order to get the grades that I wanted, and to actually learn.

Be there...

The biggest mistake that most students make is not going to class. How are you going to learn if you do not show up to class? Once you are in class, make sure to pay attention and actually listen to what your professor is saying.

Connect...

If there is something that you do not understand, ask questions. Participate in class. Most professors have office hours that you can go to for help if you still have any questions.

Revise...

Review any notes that you have taken. If you miss class, ask one of your classmates for their notes. Skim through your textbook. Make sure that the notes that you wrote and what you are reading makes sense.

One last thing...

Going to class is the most important thing a student can do in college. If you are someone that shows up to class, participates, and asks questions then your professor will actually remember who you are. Having a professor who knows you is great, because they might even be willing to help you in the future. They can be someone that you can ask for a recommendation letter, or advice.

Best wishes,

E.R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sushi Rolling Night

Clara Luper

Powwow