A Commuters Tale

Most college students live on campus during their first year of college.

My life as a commuter...

I am a student that has been commuting to my university for over a year now.

What is a commuter? A commuter in college is someone that travels from their home to their school. The travel time can be from 15 minutes to 20 minutes, sometimes even longer.

I commute from about 30 minutes to an hour. These past two semesters I have commuted Monday through Friday. Life can be hard for a commuter like me.

I wake up at six in the morning to get ready for school. I leave my house at least an hour before I have my first class of the day. I usually get stuck in traffic and school zones. I might not get the best parking spot, but all of this is worth it.

Pros of being a commuter...

  • Living off campus may cost less.
  • Not only will you have your own room to yourself, but you will also have more closet space.
  • You will have a bathroom that you will not have to share with other people.
  • You will have time to study in between long breaks.
  • As a commuter, you will be able to leave campus at anytime. This means that you do not have to stay on campus to eat lunch. 
  • You will be able to eat anything you want at home, even a home cooked meal.


Cons of being a commuter...

  • You will most likely drive during traffic time.
  • You will have to leave your house at a specific time in order to make it to class in time.
  • If you do not live on campus, it will be hard for you to make friends.
  • You will also have a hard time joining organizations.
  • Good luck trying to find a parking space.


My advice to you is...

Although it may be hard to be a commuter, you will have more freedom and different options than a student that lives on campus.

Best wishes,

E.R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sushi Rolling Night

Clara Luper

Powwow