The Hatton W, Sumners Student Leadership Conference: Part 1

The Hatton W. Sumners Students Leadership conference is a conference that takes place at the University of Texas at Austin.

The purpose of the conference is to develop the leadership potential of current students in higher education.

The intermediate goals to fulfill this purpose are as follows:

   To Inspire young men and women to seek or accept leadership responsibilities as part of their contribution to their society.
   To Increase awareness of current and emerging leadership challenges in a variety of settings.
   To Develop a network of students to support future collaboration among these emerging leaders.



My leadership experience...

I was one of eight students that was selected to represent the University of Central Oklahoma.

I was able to learn about the different leadership styles that each person can have, and I was also able to meet students from across the nation that shared their stories from their experiences.

Meeting these students really had an impact on me because I was able to learn more about how other schools run their organizations, different actions that these students have taken to improve themselves and make an impact on their school.

There were also guest speakers at the conference and one that really stood out to me is Nadia Lopez.


Lopez is the founder and principal of Mott Hall Bridges Academy in Brownsville, Brooklyn. Her story inspired me to believe that I can achieve any goal that I set for my self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sushi Rolling Night

Clara Luper

The Impact of Blogging on College Students