Timeless Meltdown?

College students often struggle to try and balance their school work, jobs, sleep, and student life.

As a student myself, I wanted to do as much as I could during my freshman year. I would use multiple planners to try and keep with all the dates and times.

I was finding it hard to do everything I wanted to be involved on campus, and I realized that I needed to learn how to manage my time.



Find the right planner...

After looking and trying out different planners, I finally found a system that works for me. I use two different planners which I use for different purposes.

Google Sheets...

I decided to switch over, and start using Google Sheets in the spring of 2016. Through Google Sheets I have been able to create my own schedule and customize it to how I want it to look. I can color code my schedule into different categories such as, class time, studying time, my job, sleep, breaks, and the different organizations I am part of at school.


One of my favorite things about using Google Sheets is that I am able to download the app and have it on my phone. I am able to take it with me wherever I go.

Just Plain Paper...

There is nothing wrong with using a paper or notebook planner.

For my regular paper planner I make sure to write all my deadlines for assignments, quizzes, and tests.

I also color code each class to make sure I am not confusing one class assignment with a different class.

Glance at it...

The most important tip that I would give is, look at your planner.

What is the point in investing or writing in a planner if you never look at it?

One last thing...

I  am able to balance everything that I am part of, by using these two different planners. I would recommend using Google Sheets to people that enjoy using technology more than an actual paper planner. Using these types of planners has helped me remember my deadlines for assignments, and even my class time.

Best wishes,

E.R.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sushi Rolling Night

The Hatton W, Sumners Student Leadership Conference: Part 2

The Writing of My Life